Appcelerator Titanium Smartphone App Development Cookbook
- Extend the Titanium platform with your own native modules
- A practical guide for packaging and submitting your apps to both the iTunes store and Android Marketplace
- Part of Packt's Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
What you will learn from this book
- Design compelling interfaces using native components
- Consume remote data sources using both XML and JSON
- Utilize SQLite to leverage local data capture and offline storage
- Integrate with Google Maps and learn how to draw routes, use the compass, create annotations and more
- Create brilliant layout effects using animations and transitions
- Integrate with social media such as Twitter and Facebook
- Integrate with third party services including FourSquare and Urban Airship Push notifications
- Take full advantage of your device's camera and audio capture capabilities
Written in a cookbook style, this book offers solutions using a recipe-based approach. Each recipe contains step-by-step instructions followed by an analysis of what was done in each task and other useful information. The cookbook approach means you can dive into whatever recipes you want in no particular order.
Who this book is written for
Appcelerator Titanium Mobile allows developers to realize their potential to develop full native iPhone and Android applications by using free Titanium Studio tools without the need to know Objective-C or Java. This practical hands-on cookbook shows you exactly how to leverage the Titanium API to its full advantage and become confident in developing mobile applications in no time at all.